Please fill out the recruiting form found on the main page
Interested in Joining our Team?
General Team Requirements:
- Members must be UTSA students
- Members must maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Must attend team practices (3-4 practices a week)
- Must not miss more 3 practices a month, unless because of extenuating circumstances
- Must train under club parameters.
- Must participate club sponsored events, such as meets and fundraisers
- Most importantly, the desire to help the team grow & develop by taking on leadership responsibilities
High School or Students at other Universities
We are currently in the process of recruiting new lifters for the 2016-2017 school year and would be glad to answer any questions you may have about competing in powerlifting at the University of Texas at San Antonio. Our team at the University of Texas at San Antonio (www.utsa.edu ) is continually growing & looking to add lifters of all experience levels each year to help make our team the best in the nation. Currently, powerlifting is not an NCAA sport, so universities & colleges do not have athletic department funding to offer any athletic scholarships, but if you apply & get accepted before February 15th you can be eligible to receive general scholarships from the University. Additionally, out of state students can be eligible to have out of state tuition fees waived if they receive a competitive scholarship of $1000 or more per term or year. For more information on scholarships, please see the link on the left hand side. If you have any questions in regards to getting general scholarships, we will be glad to help. If you are interested in the possibility of attending & competing for UTSA or if you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Current UTSA Students
We are always open to currenty students, both males & females joining the team, even if you do not have any competitive experience. If you are interested in joining or would like to attend a practice to see what its like & meet some of the members, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org